From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysqld invoked oom-killer
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 01:38:25
1 > I'm trying to figure out the maximum number of apache2 processes that
2 > could run simultaneously according to my config so I don't run out of
3 > memory again.  I have KeepAlive on, but I can see in the log that a
4 > different pid serves each file associated with a particular page
5 > request.
6
7 Ok, I didnt not expect that, and am now questioning my own
8 understanding. Perhaps each process can only handle a single get at
9 once, so if you're pipelining you have to use multiple processes to
10 support the request.
11
12 How did you determine each file was served from a different PID? What
13 browser did you use to test? FWIW Firefox only sends 6 gets per
14 persistent session.
15
16 > Doesn't that mean a different apache2 process is serving
17 > each file and I need one process for each file served at any
18 > particular moment?
19
20 Certainly sounds like it.
21
22 > How does KeepAlive relate to the number of running
23 > apache2 processes?
24
25 Not directly related AFAIK.