From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysqld invoked oom-killer
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 01:54:45
1 >> I'm trying to figure out the maximum number of apache2 processes that
2 >> could run simultaneously according to my config so I don't run out of
3 >> memory again.  I have KeepAlive on, but I can see in the log that a
4 >> different pid serves each file associated with a particular page
5 >> request.
6 >
7 > Ok, I didnt not expect that, and am now questioning my own
8 > understanding. Perhaps each process can only handle a single get at
9 > once, so if you're pipelining you have to use multiple processes to
10 > support the request.
11 >
12 > How did you determine each file was served from a different PID? What
13 > browser did you use to test? FWIW Firefox only sends 6 gets per
14 > persistent session.
15
16 My apologies. I assumed the seemingly random numbers that appear at
17 the end of my access_log entries were PIDs but they are in fact the
18 "Size of response in bytes". I'm sure your understanding of KeepAlive
19 is correct.
20
21 So with KeepAlive on, the same apache2 process serves the page itself
22 and all associated files?
23
24 - Grant