From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: LibreOffice problem importing file
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 22:52:08
1 On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 16:57:45 -0400
2 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > I've run into a problem opening a M$ Office spreadsheet using
5 > LibreOffice. I've put the original file up at
6 > http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/ttc-rider-85-15.xlsx
7 > It should show a table of ridership figures for the Toronto transit
8 > system.
9 >
10 > When I tried to open it using LO 5.1.0.3 on my Gentoo system,
11 > the window froze (Fluxbox 1.3.7-r2) & I had to kill it via Htop.
12 > However, when I tried it with LO 4.4.3.2 on Mint (another partition),
13 > it opened correctly & I could save it as .ods & .csv : these are at
14 > http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/ttc-rider-85-15.ods
15 > http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/ttc-rider-85-15.csv
16 > However again, when I tried to open these version with my Gentoo LO,
17 > the .ods froze the window, while the .csv opened with garbage in 1
18 > cell. I've updated LO twice to 5.1.1.3 & 5.1.2.2 , but the same
19 > happens.
20 >
21 > Can others please test my files with their own Gentoo versions of LO ?
22 > If they have a problem too, I'll file a bug with LO ;
23 > if not, can anyone suggest what is causing the problem with my
24 > version ?
25
26 LO 5.0.5.2 open the file okay for me, but I can't easily test the
27 higher versions at the moment. Have you tried running localc from an
28 xterm window to look for error messages? Anything interesting in dmesg
29 or the Xorg logs?