From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SOLVED: NVMe drive and grub
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 10:09:51
1 On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 10:56:56 +1000, Adam Carter wrote:
2
3 > I also failed to get grub2 + UEFI working. So either;
4 > 1. We're both dummies
5 > 2. The handbook instructions are incorrect and/or inadequate
6 >
7 > Can anyone else that is familiar comment on the grub2 + UEFI doc
8 > quality?
9
10 ISTR getting GRUB to work with UEFI was pretty straightforward, but I had
11 to use efibootmgr to let the firmware know that GRUB was available and
12 make it the default.
13
14 It was a while ago though, I've since ditched GRUB in favour of
15 gummiboot/bootctl on UEFI hardware.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.