From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why falkon?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 15:26:26
1 On Monday, 19 November 2018 23:40:04 GMT Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 09:27:30 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Would someone kindly enloghten me as to why the presence of qtwebengine
4 > > now requires installation of www-client/falkon?
5
6 --->8
7
8 > It doesn't, it's the kdecore-meta package that depends on it, controlled
9 > by the webengine USE flag. qtwebengine doesn't require falkon at all,
10 > it's the other way round.
11
12 Hmm. I see what you mean. Maybe this is the straw that makes me strip out all
13 the stuff I don't need, by removing meta-packages and just installing what I
14 want. After all, there's a limit to the number of web browsers a body might
15 need.
18 Regards,
19 Peter.