From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Most important packages to save buildpkg of
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:40:00
1 On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 00:22:08 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > You are aware that you can use eclean from app-portage/gentoolkit to
4 > > clean binpkgs that you no longer have installed? I tend to use it
5 > > with the --destructive option.
6
7 > Yea, I use that. Some of my older systems have small drives though. I
8 > even delete everything from distfiles, sometimes I have too. :-O
9
10 Are these networked? If so put $DISTDIR (and possibly $PKGDIR) on a
11 shared NFS filesystem. Sharing $DISTDIR makes a lot of sense, there's no
12 point in keeping a separate copy of the source for each machine.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Behaviorist psychology -- pulling habits out of rats