From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How's the openrc update going for everyone?
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 17:06:24
1 On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 18:55, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hi folks,
4 >
5 > I was curious, what's the results of the openrc update for people that have
6 > done theirs? Is it pretty simple and "just works" or are there issues? I'm
7 > mostly interested in x86 and amd64 since that is what I have. Just a simple
8 > works here and I'm X86 or amd64 would be nice. List issues if you had any.
11 For me it was a breeze.
12
13 I have two machines running testing for some time and a server that was an
14 year behind in updates. I decided to update it now. The easy part was the
15 OpenRC migration. The hard was mysql (was still 4.1), php, apache (gave up
16 and installed lighttpd instead) and (oh yeah) kernel.
19 Daniel da Veiga