From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How's the openrc update going for everyone?
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 18:59:11
2 >From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
3 >On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 18:55, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>I was curious, what's the results of the openrc update for people that have done
5 >>
6 >>theirs? Is it pretty simple and "just works" or are there issues? I'm mostly
7
8 >>interested in x86 and amd64 since that is what I have. Just a simple works here
9 >>
10 >>and I'm X86 or amd64 would be nice. List issues if you had any.
11 >For me it was a breeze.
12 >I have two machines running testing for some time and a server that was an year
13
14 >behind in updates. I decided to update it now. The easy part was the OpenRC
15 >migration. The hard was mysql (was still 4.1), php, apache (gave up and
16 >installed lighttpd instead) and (oh yeah) kernel.
19 I just finished update my server. OpenRC updated without any problems.
20 My laptop had to have its compiler updated before I could could do the sync and
21 update - guess I didn't finish the previous update and KDE wanted GCC 4.4
22 instead of 4.3.
23 I should be able to get it going tonight hopefully...
24
25 My desktop is a few months behind - still gotta get it fixed from a previous
26 failed update.
27 But won't have the time for at least another month. I may end up just rebuilding
28 it if the updates are too troublesome - it may prove faster.
29
30 Ben