From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How's the openrc update going for everyone?
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 19:56:55
1 BRM wrote:
2 >
3 > My desktop is a few months behind - still gotta get it fixed from a previous
4 > failed update.
5 > But won't have the time for at least another month. I may end up just rebuilding
6 > it if the updates are too troublesome - it may prove faster.
7 >
8 > Ben
12 I just went through the same thing with my old x86 rig. I would
13 recommend syncing then doing a emerge -e world and being done with it.
14 Actually, I would use the nifty gcc upgrade script. It's on the forums
15 or I can send it to you. It's old but it still works and is faster than
16 emerge -e system a couple times then a emerge -e world.
17
18 I had python plus a few other issues. It was a mess until I did the
19 whole thing.
20
21 Dale
22