From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: All sorts of digest verification failures
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 20:29:59
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Martin Vaeth wrote:
4 > > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > >> I deleted the busybox directory from the tree then ran emerge --sync.
6 > >> The error is still there
7 > > You have the same files that I have.
8 > > Unfortunately, only now I actually did:
9 > >
10 > > $ grep busybox-9999 Manifest
11 > > EBUILD busybox-9999.ebuild 8580 [...]
12 > >
13 > > ???
14 > > I have the same wrong size recorded in the Manifest!
15 > > No idea why portage didn't yell at me - there seems
16 > > to be another bug involved.
17 > >
18 > > So, sorry, my previous conjecture was wrong.
19 > >
20 > > The only information which I can give you currently,
21 > > is that probably all mirrors contain the same broken Manifest
22 > > in the moment.
23 > >
24 > > *Perhaps* (a very wild conjecture!) the reason why this Manifest
25 > > got not updated is the same bug which caused portage not to yell
26 > > at me, despite the broken Manifest.
27 > >
28 > > As a temporary hack, calling "ebuild manifest" on that file is
29 > > probably the only reasonable way to proceed, but this problem
30 > > must be fixed, of course...
36 > Wasn't there a emerge option to ignore the manifest? I seem to recall
37 > there used to be one but it was a LONG time ago. Of course, if someone
38 > has tinkered with something that would be a bad thing to do.
39
40 I thought I remembered something where the manifest no longer checks the
41 ebuild, just the file in distfiles -- I thought I remembered seeing this
42 somewhere. It was at a time when we got all the manifests all at once.
45 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
46 How do
47 you spend it?
48
49 John Covici