From: Simon Thelen <gentoo-user@××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: All sorts of digest verification failures
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 21:02:47
1 On 15-11-15 at 15:29, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Martin Vaeth wrote:
4 > > > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 [..]
6 > > > As a temporary hack, calling "ebuild manifest" on that file is
7 > > > probably the only reasonable way to proceed, but this problem
8 > > > must be fixed, of course...
9 > > Wasn't there a emerge option to ignore the manifest? I seem to recall
10 > > there used to be one but it was a LONG time ago. Of course, if someone
11 > > has tinkered with something that would be a bad thing to do.
12 > I thought I remembered something where the manifest no longer checks the
13 > ebuild, just the file in distfiles -- I thought I remembered seeing this
14 > somewhere. It was at a time when we got all the manifests all at once.
15 I sync from git and none of my Manifests track the ebuilds, so this
16 could be a thing. Note how the Manifest for busybox in the gentoo.git
17 tree doesn't have manifests for any of the ebuilds. [1]
18
19 [1]: https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/sys-apps/busybox/Manifest
22 Simon Thelen