From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] quickpkg - blocking portage-2.1.9.24
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 19:46:46
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 18:46 on Saturday 27 November 2010, Joseph did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > On 11/27/10 17:51, Adam Carter wrote:
5 > >> * package sys-apps/portage-2.1.9.24 NOT merged
6 > >>
7 > >> *
8 > >> * Detected file collision(s):
9 > >> *
10 > >> * /usr/bin/quickpkg
11 > >>
12 > >> Should I remove the quickpkg to install new portage or comment-out
13 > >> "collision-protect" in make.conf?
14 > >>
15 > >> I just ran the same update (and it reported it was going ahead with the
16 > >
17 > >update despite the collision). Looks like quickpkg is now in portage;
18 > >
19 > ># qfile /usr/bin/quickpkg
20 > >sys-apps/portage (/usr/bin/quickpkg)
21 >
22 > I just "--sync" and it stopping at the same place :-/
23 > Detected file collision(s):
24 > /usr/bin/quickpkg
27 You didn't do anything about the collision, so it's still happening.
31 Read the portage man pages to gain an understanding of how portage works and
32 what --sync updates (it will not fix your problem)
33
34 Some package installed /usr/bin/quickpkg, now portage wants to install it.
35 Presumably, the old package is now part of portage itself.
36
37 Anyway, while that binary is there portage is not going to install itself.
38 This is a good thing and you do not ever want to disable it.
39
40 So sit quietly for a moment and figure out why you need to delete
41 /usr/bin/quickpkg, then do so and emerge portage. This time it will work.
45 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com