From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox crashes on some www-pages on a newer Gentoo system
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 11:26:59
1 вс, 16 сент. 2018 г. в 10:50, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
2 >
3 > On Sunday, 16 September 2018 08:19:30 BST gevisz wrote:
4 > > пт, 7 сент. 2018 г. в 19:05, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
5 > > > On Friday, 7 September 2018 16:32:40 BST gevisz wrote:
6 > > >
7 > > > Something else I came across causing FF crashes here, was a bug with
8 > > > profile- sync-daemon (recent thread of mine refers). I don't know if you
9 > > > use psd, but I wasn't aware of this psd bug when you posted about your
10 > > > problems. I only mention it now as another thing to check next time you
11 > > > have FF crashing on you.
12 > >
13 > > Thank you for additional information.
14 > >
15 > > I have read in this mailing list (may be it was your thread) that using
16 > > profiles in firefox is another source of crashes. So, I do not use
17 > > profiles, and now hope that it means that I do not use psd as well. :)
18 >
19 > Ah! No, they are too different things.
20 >
21 > I have not read anywhere that the use of multiple user profiles causes FF to
22 > crash. Perhaps some addons may do.
23
24 Multiple profiles for the same user.
25
26 > The use of psd on the other hand is a useful package, minimising the writing
27 > cycles of the browser's cache to disk. If your PC is running on SDD or hybrid
28 > disks and has enough RAM, then a profile-sync-daemon (when it is not buggy)
29 > should be a good thing.
30
31 Ok, thank you for the information. I still use only HDDs. So, I
32 probably do not need psd so far.