From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox crashes on some www-pages on a newer Gentoo system
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 07:50:35
1 On Sunday, 16 September 2018 08:19:30 BST gevisz wrote:
2 > пт, 7 сент. 2018 г. в 19:05, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
3 > > On Friday, 7 September 2018 16:32:40 BST gevisz wrote:
4 > >
5 > > Something else I came across causing FF crashes here, was a bug with
6 > > profile- sync-daemon (recent thread of mine refers). I don't know if you
7 > > use psd, but I wasn't aware of this psd bug when you posted about your
8 > > problems. I only mention it now as another thing to check next time you
9 > > have FF crashing on you.
10 >
11 > Thank you for additional information.
12 >
13 > I have read in this mailing list (may be it was your thread) that using
14 > profiles in firefox is another source of crashes. So, I do not use
15 > profiles, and now hope that it means that I do not use psd as well. :)
16
17 Ah! No, they are too different things.
18
19 I have not read anywhere that the use of multiple user profiles causes FF to
20 crash. Perhaps some addons may do.
21
22 The use of psd on the other hand is a useful package, minimising the writing
23 cycles of the browser's cache to disk. If your PC is running on SDD or hybrid
24 disks and has enough RAM, then a profile-sync-daemon (when it is not buggy)
25 should be a good thing.
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick