From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recommended printer?
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 23:58:30
1 Grant wrote:
2 >> Cheapest laser you can find at Office Depot tends to be a Brother. I've got
3 >> two...an HL-2040 and an HL-2140. Both work perfectly with CUPS.
4 > +1. Every Brother laser printer I've tried works perfectly. I don't
5 > even bother with linuxprinting.org any more. When I wear one laser
6 > printer out, I just buy the latest Brother.
7 >
8 > - Grant
12 I used to work for a computer place and we sold and serviced Brother
13 stuff. They were well made back then. I haven't used one in a long
14 while but it sounds like they still make good stuff. I always liked
15 that they had metal gears and stuff when everyone else had went to
16 plastic. Epsons were good at going with plastic, even on their higher
17 end stuff. They would strip out regular too. Get a good paper jam, you
18 need a set of gears.
19
20 My fav was the Genicom line printer tho. We had several 4440s and they
21 were blazingly fast. A case of paper was like pouring water out of a
22 jug. o_O
23
24 Dale
25