From: Matthias Hanft <mh@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT?} which fs on 1.8TB partition
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 19:23:15
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 >
3 > This was probably 10ish years ago, but I switched my multimedia
4 > filesystems from ext* to xfs because deleting a large file (several
5 > GB) on an ext filesystem would basically lock up my machine for tens
6 > of seconds. The seemed to be a known problem in the MythTv world and
7 > the standard solution was to use xfs instead. Sure enough, deleting
8 > large files on xfs didn't cause problems.
9
10 Same here, with a *really* big xfs filesystem:
11
12 Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
13 /dev/sda4 17T 17T 65G 100% /
14
15 'round 30,000 video files, no problems at all!
16
17 -Matt