From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Completely and totally OT] FVWM-Crystal...!!!
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:49:16
1 Tony Davison schreef:
2 > On Wednesday 28 September 2005 20:33, Holly Bostick wrote:
3 >
4 >>I'm sitting here with my jaw on the floor.
7 > <much snippage>
8 >
9 >>This is a gigantic leap from the previous versions I've used, and I
10 >>think I've just switched WMs. Obviously there's been a huge shakeup
11 >>somewhere, but the site doesn't say anything about it, that I saw.
12 >>
13 >>Does anybody happen to follow development of this and know what
14 >>happened?
15 >>
16 >>I'm just stunned (in a good way).
19 > OK I'll bite but does anyone know how to get KDE to play nicely with it.
20 > I've b*****d about with the ksmserver bit of startkde until I thoroughly
21 > broke it but when it aint broke it resolutely refuses to have anything
22 > to do with any wm apart fron kwin or KDEWM.
23 > Stumped, on my last cig and this wheelchair has no lights.
24
25 Sorry-- that's one of the reasons I use GDM (even under KDE, but I use
26 KDE very very rarely).
27
28 What I would think is that you'd want to copy the fvwm-crystal.desktop
29 file from
30
31 /usr/share/xsessions
35 /usr/kde/3.4/share/apps/kdm/sessions
36
37 so that it appears as a choice in KDM.
38
39 Why you'd expect the *startkde* script to start anything other than KDE
40 rather eludes me, I must admit.
41
42 :)
43