From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching default tmpfiles and faster internet coming my way.
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2020 10:47:40
1 On Friday, 4 December 2020 02:18:49 GMT Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 12/3/20 8:40 PM, Dale wrote:
3 > > Howdy,
4 > >
5 > > I've mentioned I follow -dev to see what is coming around the corner.
6 > > There is a thread on there about switching tmpfiles packages for
7 > > security reasons. I currently have sys-apps/opentmpfiles installed. I
8 > > guess that is the default for openrc. Someone mentioned
9 > > systemd-tmpfiles as a alternative that doesn't have the same security
10 > > problems.
11 >
12 > There's a full explanation here:
13 >
14 > http://michael.orlitzky.com/cves/cve-2017-18925.xhtml
15 >
16 > I'm a champion systemd hater, but you should switch to systemd-tmpfiles.
17 > There's no downside other than the name.
18
19 If sys-apps/opentmpfiles is installed on openrc profiles, will this be
20 depracated and replaced with sys-apps/systemd-tmpfiles, or is this something
21 we should do manually ourselves?