From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching default tmpfiles and faster internet coming my way.
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2020 02:19:01
1 On 12/3/20 8:40 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I've mentioned I follow -dev to see what is coming around the corner.
5 > There is a thread on there about switching tmpfiles packages for
6 > security reasons.  I currently have sys-apps/opentmpfiles installed.  I
7 > guess that is the default for openrc.  Someone mentioned
8 > systemd-tmpfiles as a alternative that doesn't have the same security
9 > problems.
10
11 There's a full explanation here:
12
13 http://michael.orlitzky.com/cves/cve-2017-18925.xhtml
14
15 I'm a champion systemd hater, but you should switch to systemd-tmpfiles.
16 There's no downside other than the name.