From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 02:49:54
1 Gregory Shearman wrote:
2 > Jesús J. Guerrero Botella<jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> 2011/7/4 Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
5 >>
6 >>> I don't think I am logged in long enough to change the settings. I may try
7 >>> my test user but I think a file got corrupted or something. I did have a
8 >>> power failure the other day and the relay on my UPS was not quite fast
9 >>> enough. I think the contacts may need some cleaning. My UPS does some odd
10 >>> things at times. I need a new one but they are pricey. I had forgot about
11 >>> the power failure issue. That has lead me down a different path now.
12 >>>
13 >> You don't need much time. The default shortcut to disable compositing
14 >> in kde is shift+alt+f12
17 > You can also edit the user KDE config directly via:
18 >
19 > ~/.kde4/share/config/kwinrc
20 >
21 > [Compositing]
22 >
23 > Enabled=True
24 >
25 > change to
26 >
27 > Enabled=False
28 >
29 > There's more than one way to skin a cat.
33 Ahhh, I figured there was a config file somewhere but wasn't sure what
34 it would be called. Now I know how to do it with nano. lol
35
36 Thanks much for the pointer.
37
38 Dale