From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Software emulation of angled arrow keys on Lenovo Thinkpad?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 17:08:22
1 On 2022.08.24 08:16, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > The Thinkpad has vertical and horizontal arrow keys. But it does
3 > not
4 > have arrow keys corresponding to 7, 9, 1, and 3 on a regular keyboard.
5 > Yes, I know how to "enable numeric keypad" on a Thinkpad. While that
6 > does emulate numbers, it does not emulate the arrows. I happen to
7 > need
8 > the angled arrows. Is there a way to find out the keycodes, and send
9 > them? Plan B is to buy a hardware keypad off Amazon.
10 >
11 > --
12 > Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
13 > I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications
14 On my keyboard, those corner keys on the keypad are End, PgDn, PgUp,
15 and NumLock, all of which have their own keys elsewhere on the
16 keyboard.. When you say angled arrow keys, do you mean that literally,
17 or are you just talking about the corner keys of the keypad? I don't
18 recall ever seeng a literal angled arrow on a keyboard.
19
20 Jack