From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Software emulation of angled arrow keys on Lenovo Thinkpad?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 21:22:17
1 On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 01:07:52PM -0400, Jack wrote
2
3 > On my keyboard, those corner keys on the keypad are End, PgDn, PgUp,
4 > and NumLock, all of which have their own keys elsewhere on the
5 > keyboard.. When you say angled arrow keys, do you mean that literally,
6 > or are you just talking about the corner keys of the keypad? I don't
7 > recall ever seeng a literal angled arrow on a keyboard.
8
9 No literal arrows. But an old OS/2 game I enjoy, treats the numeric
10 keypads as...
11 {HOME} ==> move up and to the left
12 {PgUp} ==> move up and to the right
13 {END} ==> move down and to the left
14 {PgDn} ==> move down and to the right
15
16 I have tried {HOME}, {PgUp}, {END}, {PgDn} on the Thinkpad but the
17 game did not respond. If I attach a big clunky regular USB keyboard, it
18 works as expected.
21 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
22 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications