From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] old EEE PC 1000
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 06:31:53
1 On Tuesday 10 Feb 2015 12:46:47 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 19:06:15 -0700, Joseph wrote:
3 > > I've tried "xubuntu" but I can not install freenx on it. The
4 > > documentation doesn't exist and it is not in default repository. What
5 > > alternatives are there. I know Gentoo might work, I would need to boot
6 > > strap, configure kernel and setup distcc, one week work.
7 >
8 > Instead of installing in a chroot on the netbook, create the chroot on a
9 > faster machine. You don't even need an install CD that way, just run
10 > everything while still using the system. When installation is complete,
11 > rsync the chroot to the root filesystem of the netbook.
12
13 I can see this being attractive for Rasberry Pi2. Has anyone installed Gentoo
14 on it yet and would you know if there are any binaries available?
17 Regards,
18 Mick