From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] old EEE PC 1000
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 23:45:42
1 On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 19:06:15 -0700, Joseph wrote:
2
3 > I've tried "xubuntu" but I can not install freenx on it. The
4 > documentation doesn't exist and it is not in default repository. What
5 > alternatives are there. I know Gentoo might work, I would need to boot
6 > strap, configure kernel and setup distcc, one week work.
7
8 Instead of installing in a chroot on the netbook, create the chroot on a
9 faster machine. You don't even need an install CD that way, just run
10 everything while still using the system. When installation is complete,
11 rsync the chroot to the root filesystem of the netbook.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Hospitality: making your guests feel like they're at home, even if you
18 wish they were.