From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] old EEE PC 1000
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 02:06:22
1 On 02/09/15 02:24, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
2 >Am Sonntag, 08.02.2015 um 18:05
3 >schrieb Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>:
4 >
5 >> I have an old Asus EEE PC 1000 and I don't think it will run Gentoo,
6 >> it would be too slow to compile anything. It is running Ubuntu 11.10
7 >> and I think I'll need to re-install lighter version of Linux on it.
8 >> What are my alternatives?
9 >>
10 >> I'll would like to run VPN, some browser on it and skype.
13 >On slow machines I tend to install xubuntu.
14 >
15 >Regards
16 >wabe
17
18 I've tried "xubuntu" but I can not install freenx on it. The documentation doesn't exist and it is not in default repository.
19 What alternatives are there. I know Gentoo might work, I would need to boot strap, configure kernel and setup distcc, one week work.
22 Joseph