From: wolf python london <lyh19901223@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where is the souce code of software?
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 13:38:29
1 On 10 November 2011 21:06, Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Am Donnerstag, 10. November 2011, 20:46:28 schrieb Lavender:
5 >> Could anyone tell me that where I can find the source
6 >> code of software on my system? Such as ls, cd .etc.
7 >
8 > first you have to find out to  which package the binary you are interested in
9 > belongs to, eg
10 > ~ $ equery b /bin/ls
11 >  * Searching for /bin/ls ...
12 > sys-apps/coreutils-8.14 (/bin/ls)
15 Humm , I guess he just want to look for the source code of gnu coreutils,
16
17 just download the gnu coreutils. http://ftp.cn.debian.org/gnu/coreutils/
18
19 uncompress it , then you can find them all .
20 > (If you don't have equery, install gentoolkit)
21 >
22 > Use the command
24 > to download the sources to your distfiles.
25 > (if they are already there, the command above downloads nothing)
26 >
27 > Unpack them to somewhere in your $HOME, done.
28 >
29 > Best,
30 > Michael
39 Yes, I use Debian GNU/L