From: Sean <sean@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] upgrading from kernel 2.6.24-rc6 to latest kernel
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 15:57:44
1 On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 16:46 +0100, bn wrote:
2 > So, what kind of traps like that should I expect?
3
4 I expect things like that to have potentially changed with every point
5 release of the 2.6 kernel, since the numbering scheme is practically
6 useless now. Every 2.6.XX release has the potential for major changes.
7
8 Typically I will run a make oldconfig and then walk through the
9 menuconfig options. I don't consider it a pleasant exercise, but since I
10 don't upgrade the kernel very much it's not so terrible.
11
12 -Sean