From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mythtv problems
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 18:47:44
1 On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 11:29:37 -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2
3 > > Mask higher versions in package mask
4 > >
5 > >> cat/pkg-version.you.want
9 > I did, but as I said there where 350+ of them. And every time I tried
10 > to emerge anything else, I couldn't because some package I needed was
11 > listed in package mask.
12
13 It's too late for this problem, but I'd recommend installing dmerge. It
14 takes a snapshot of what is installed after each emerge --sync, and lets
15 you roll back to a previous time (assuming the ebuilds are still in the
16 tree).
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Top Oxymorons Number 18: Taped live