From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mythtv problems
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:30:58
1 On 10/26/11 11:07, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:23:30 -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 >
4 >> At first I thought that sometime that installed since Oct 12 was causing
5 >> the segfault, so I tried unmerging the 350+ packages that had installed
6 >> since then and listing them in package.mask, but that blew up in my face
7 >> because I don't know a command that forces portage to ignore masked
8 >> packages and install next-highest stable versions.
9 >
10 > Mask higher versions in package mask
11 >
12 >> cat/pkg-version.you.want
16 I did, but as I said there where 350+ of them. And every time I tried
17 to emerge anything else, I couldn't because some package I needed was
18 listed in package mask. I got the package list that I added to
19 package.mask from /var/log/portage-logs for files dated from October 12
20 till 24. It was an epic fail. I couldn't even emerge -e world because
21 of those stupid masked package versions...