From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mythtv problems
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:40:02
1 On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 10/26/11 11:07, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:23:30 -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> At first I thought that sometime that installed since Oct 12 was causing
6 >>> the segfault, so I tried unmerging the 350+ packages that had installed
7 >>> since then and listing them in package.mask, but that blew up in my face
8 >>> because I don't know a command that forces portage to ignore masked
9 >>> packages and install next-highest stable versions.
10 >>
11 >> Mask higher versions in package mask
12 >>
13 >>> cat/pkg-version.you.want
17 > I did, but as I said there where 350+ of them.  And every time I tried
18 > to emerge anything else, I couldn't because some package I needed was
19 > listed in package mask.  I got the package list that I added to
20 > package.mask from /var/log/portage-logs for files dated from October 12
21 > till 24.  It was an epic fail. I couldn't even emerge -e world because
22 > of those stupid masked package versions...
23
24 OK, I haven't used Myth now in over a year so take this with a grain
25 of salt. From the log file it appears that your client isn't
26 connecting to the server which likely explains why you don't see the
27 programs. I wonder if you've tested connecting to mythconverg manually
28 via a terminal? Maybe something like /etc/my.cnf or one of the Myth
29 config files got messed up in the update.
30
31 Good luck,
32 Mark