From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New 1.0-9629 nvidia driver / ppracer
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:58:47
1 Am Freitag, 10. November 2006 14:01 schrieb Mike Markowski:
2 > Anyone else have ppracer stop working after installing the latest (9629)
3 > Nvidia driver? I haven't been able to find errors logged anywhere yet.
4 > X server just blinks 3 times followed by the Nvidia splash screen and
5 > then the xdm login widget.
6 > I'm using unstable x86 and xscreensaver opengl savers I've tried work
7 > fine. Installing the old (8776) Nvidia driver gets the game working
8 > again - I haven't yet tried other games, by the way. Off to trace it
9 > further but thought I'd mention it in case anyone is going through the
10 > same.
11
12 9629 segfaults, when screen resolution is changed by XFree86-VidModeExtension.
13 Most games use this method. After the segfault your dm respawns, so you get
14 back to your login-screen. Try changing the resolution with xrandr before you
15 start the game. This should fix your issues. You could also use 9742
16 (masked), which fixed this for me, but these are beta.
17
18 > Mike
19
20 Hth,