From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel upgrade and now LUKS failure.
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 23:52:39
1 On 05/04/2010 10:38 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Am 04.05.2010 18:54, schrieb walt:
3 >
4 >>> pam_mount(mount.c): crypt_activate_by_passphrase: Operation not
5 >>> permitted
6 >>
7 >> I don't have a pam_mount, where does it come from? Perhaps it needs
8 >> a reference to pam_ssh.so?
9 >
10 > What do you mean with "where does it come from?" ?
11 >
12 > It's in portage ...
13
14 Okay, I'm assuming pam_mount.so and mount.crypt come from the sys-auth/
15 pam_mount package but I can't check because all of those packages are
16 masked by the ~x86 keyword at the moment.
17
18 > Could it be the case that my current setup somehow uses "the new API"
19 > which isn't available yet in some package?
20 >
21 > I don't yet have the whole picture ...
22
23 Daniel knows more than I do about this subject, so I recommend that you
24 follow his advice. However, all of the pam_mount packages being masked
25 at the same time makes me suspect that not everything is working exactly
26 as it should. I'll follow this thread, hoping to learn more.