From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: flickering thunderbird and firefox
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 08:42:09
1 Am 05.03.2014 20:06, schrieb »Q«:
2 > On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 10:55:10 +0100
3 > "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Other windows like terminals or browsers (chrome, opera) are not
6 >> affected ... but in thunderbird I get flickering message windows which
7 >> is rather annoying.
8 >>
9 >> Sorry, I don't know how to describe it in a better way. Does anyone
10 >> have an idea? Some mozilla-specific problem ;-) ?
11 >
12 > Try setting layers.acceleration.disabled to true in about:config. (I'm
13 > sorry I don't remember how to get to about:config in Thunderbird; I
14 > think there's a button somewhere.)
15 >
16 > In case layers.acceleration.force-enabled is set to true (it shouldn't
17 > be), toggle it to false.
18
19 It is false already (I think I did that weeks ago when I started to
20 research this.
23 I also have layers.acceleration.disabled = true
26 S