From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Konqueror URL links
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 10:07:12
1 On Tuesday 29 December 2009 20:49:08 Stroller wrote:
2 > On 28 Dec 2009, at 13:16, Mick wrote:
3 > > ...
4 > > I remember that when I hovered my mouse over links in web pages on
5 > > Konq 3.5,
6 > > it would show at the bottom of the window the URL that the link in
7 > > question
8 > > contained. This allowed me to decide if I wanted to visit the URL
9 > > or not.
10 >
11 > This is usually called the "status bar" - I might guess you may be
12 > able to show or hide it in Konq's view options.
13
14 Thanks Stroller!
15
16 I couldn't find where to change this setting. Then went into
17 ~/.kde4/share/apps/konqueror/profiles/webbrowsing and changed
18 ViewStatus=Disabled to Enabled.
19
20 Strange this, when I reopened the file just now I couldn't find this entry
21 anymore ... I guess that only non-default settings are shown in that file?
22 However, I don't recall changing this setting from default.
23
24 Anyway, this is now fixed! Thanks. :)
25
26 Only other two things that bother me are these:
27
28 In KDE3.5 when I hovered over files I used to get a preview of their contents
29 in a thumbnail. This was particularly useful with configuration, scripts and
30 log files as it would show the first few lines of text in them. Any idea how
31 I could enable this? Again I can't find a setting in Konqueror's settings and
32 I have enabled the preview in Dolphin's settings.
33 --
34 Regards,
35 Mick