From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [ot] An iptables like setup on windowsxp
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 22:49:25
1 On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > Maybe this isn't really the place but its more likely to get informed
4 > answers here than on an ms group where most will not know what iptables
5 > is.
6 >
7 > I'm in a position where I need to use MSwindowsxp OS on 2 machines
8 > that are dedicated video and image editing machines, because of the
9 > software available for that platform.
10 >
11 > These machines will also be internet connected and there for will need
12 > some onboard protection beyond my gateway/firewall.
13 >
14 > I want to find a packet filter like iptables for use on windows. That
15 > is, a text based/editable driven packet filter with most or all the
16 > capabilities of iptables.
17 >
18 > If it is possible to run iptable from cygwin then I'd prefer that
19 > approach. Anyone have pointers/urls?
20
21 Ive never seen a text-based Windoze firewall.
22
23 I did a search at cygwin.com/packages and didn't find an iptables package.
24
25 You might be better off with the free basic ZoneAlarm...
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list