From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [ot] An iptables like setup on windowsxp
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:29:34
1 Maybe this isn't really the place but its more likely to get informed
2 answers here than on an ms group where most will not know what iptables
3 is.
4
5 I'm in a position where I need to use MSwindowsxp OS on 2 machines
6 that are dedicated video and image editing machines, because of the
7 software available for that platform.
8
9 These machines will also be internet connected and there for will need
10 some onboard protection beyond my gateway/firewall.
11
12 I want to find a packet filter like iptables for use on windows. That
13 is, a text based/editable driven packet filter with most or all the
14 capabilities of iptables.
15
16 If it is possible to run iptable from cygwin then I'd prefer that
17 approach. Anyone have pointers/urls?
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list