From: Cocoy Dayao <cocoy.dayao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on Intel Mac Mini?
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 01:07:51
1 i used gentoo to run off vmware fusion on an intel mac. saved me a lot
2 of headache. it works. i use it as a development/test bed.
3
4 On 02 28, 09, at 5:41 AM, Stroller wrote:
7 > On 27 Feb 2009, at 20:21, Grant Edwards wrote:
8 >> ...
9 >> I've been googling for info on running Linux on a Mac Mini, and
10 >> there was fairly active discussion 3-4 years ago, but very
11 >> little recent info. That leads me to either of two
12 >> conclusions:
13 >>
14 >> 1) It can't be done and everybody gave up.
15 >>
16 >> 2) It's so trivial that people no longer need to ask about it.
17 >>
18 >> So, how hard would it be to do a USB or network-based Gentoo
19 >> install for a recent Intel Mac Mini?
20 >
21 > I don't know why your searches are coming up blank, but the Mac Mini
22 > is a very popular choice for MythTV frontends.
23 >
24 > Try the MythTV-users list: