From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Au revoir, gnome-3.8
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 11:19:14
1 On Friday 09 Aug 2013 11:33:53 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > I long ago concluded that users who want to run Gnome3 need to
4 do what
5 > Gnome3 devs want them to do. Currently with 3.8 that includes
6 using systemd.
7
8 Is there any advantage in a KDE user switching to systemd? I've seen
9 the arguments for and against in a Gnome context but I don't
10 remember anything about KDE here. (And I can't search for it easily
11 because this version of Kmail has demolished the search facility. Well,
12 it doesn't work, anyway.)
15 Regards,
16 Peter