From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Au revoir, gnome-3.8
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 11:26:22
1 On 09/08/2013 13:19, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Friday 09 Aug 2013 11:33:53 Alan McKinnon wrote:
6 >> I long ago concluded that users who want to run Gnome3 need to do what
7 >
8 >> Gnome3 devs want them to do. Currently with 3.8 that includes using
9 > systemd.
13 > Is there any advantage in a KDE user switching to systemd? I've seen the
14 > arguments for and against in a Gnome context but I don't remember
15 > anything about KDE here. (And I can't search for it easily because this
16 > version of Kmail has demolished the search facility. Well, it doesn't
17 > work, anyway.)
18
19 I honestly have no idea :-(
20
21 The devs are having one of their regular bun fights in gentoo-dev and
22 it's been going on for a while. The whole topic is .... murky .... and
23 there's no clear consensus or technical facts coming out of it just yet
24 that I can see.
25
26 I think we all have to wait and see on kde/systemd at this point
30 Alan McKinnon
31 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com