From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --depclean wants to remove openrc. Yikes!
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 21:23:04
1 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > Hello, Dale.
3 >
4 > On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 10:03:52 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >
6 >> Maybe qmail needs a USE flag to pull in daemontools?
7 > I'm actually using s/qmail, tarball direct from its maintainer, since
8 > there's no ebuild for it. Originally, I had daemontools from the same
9 > place, until I discovered there was an ebuild for it.
13 Ahhh.  That could be a issue when filing a bug.  When using something
14 without the package manager installing it, it usually leaves you on your
15 own.  The easiest thing may be to just add daemontools to your world
16 file and leave it at that.  The maintainer may have another solution but
17 I'm suspecting not.
18
19 Another option, create a ebuild for your mail program and put it in your
20 overlay.  Then you can use emerge to install your mail program so that
21 emerge knows the dependencies it needs, including daemontools.  As it
22 is, it doesn't even know you have the mail program there.  Sort of hard
23 for emerge/portage to know you need a tool kept around.  A ebuild for it
24 and using emerge to install it would fix that.  Maybe a USE flag or just
25 a plain hard requirement for daemontools.
26
27 Just a thought.  Someone else may have a better hammer to fix this
28 problem.
29
30 Dale
31