From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bash completion
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 00:30:41
1 fire-eyes wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, i got totally confused, it seemed i couldn't for the life of me get
4 > ~/.bashrc pulled in no matter what i did.
5 >
6 > I put the following into ~/.bash_profile and it worked out fine. I'm wondering
7 > if that information sent out at the end of the ebuild is wrong, or if i'm
8 > just confused:
9 >
10 > [[ -f /etc/bash_completion ]] && \
11 > source /etc/bash_completion
14 try putting something like this in ~/.bashrc
15
16 echo "sourcing /etc/bash_completion"
17 if [ -f /etc/bash_completion ]; then
18 source /etc/bash_completion
19 fi
20 echo "sourced /etc/bash_completion"
23 Then open a new terminal window/tab and see what you get. You should
24 see the output of the two echo's and you should have bash completion.
28 I also recommend renaming /etc/profile.d/bash-completion to
29 /etc/profile.d/bash-completion.sh so it gets picked up by /etc/profile.
30
31 Jim
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list