From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPv6 not ready here; Hmmm
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 20:03:05
1 On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 8:27 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Should I have the USE flag ipv6 enabled or should I leave it off for now?
3 >  If so, anyone had any trouble with it or is this a trivial change?
4
5 Enable the IPv6 stuff in kernel, enable ipv6 USE flag in your
6 make.conf, rebuild any packages that were -ipv6 before, and you should
7 be good to go from a basics standpoint.
8
9 After that, you need actual IPv6 service from your ISP (and modem and
10 router), or tunnel over IPv4 through a provider.
11
12 My cable ISP has a 6RD Border Relay. My DD-WRT router supports IPv6
13 and I set it up to make the connection to the 6RD, so on my client
14 machines there's no special setup needed, it just magically works
15 without any problems.
16
17 If your router doesn't support it, you can still establish IPv6 tunnel
18 from your Gentoo box directly, there are several ways to do it.
19 Something like net-misc/miredo is extremely simple to set up if you
20 just want to try it, and to see the dancing turtle on www.kame.net :)