From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPv6 not ready here; Hmmm
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 02:16:40
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 >
3 > Enable the IPv6 stuff in kernel, enable ipv6 USE flag in your
4 > make.conf, rebuild any packages that were -ipv6 before, and you should
5 > be good to go from a basics standpoint.
6 >
7 > After that, you need actual IPv6 service from your ISP (and modem and
8 > router), or tunnel over IPv4 through a provider.
9 >
10 > My cable ISP has a 6RD Border Relay. My DD-WRT router supports IPv6
11 > and I set it up to make the connection to the 6RD, so on my client
12 > machines there's no special setup needed, it just magically works
13 > without any problems.
14 >
15 > If your router doesn't support it, you can still establish IPv6 tunnel
16 > from your Gentoo box directly, there are several ways to do it.
17 > Something like net-misc/miredo is extremely simple to set up if you
18 > just want to try it, and to see the dancing turtle on www.kame.net :)
22 Now what was I thinking. Oh, wait. I wasn't thinking. There was the
23 problem right there. I hadn't enabled any of the IPv6 stuff in the
24 kernel. Jeeez, what a idiot. I haven't even thought of the kernel
25 settings. < sighs >
26
27 Anyway, I enabled a lot of stuff in the kernel and will reboot at some
28 point and test again. I'm not sure when I will be rebooting tho.
29
30 Dale
31