From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Questions about pulseaudio
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 08:38:59
1 I'm thinking about trying pulseaudio and seeing if it will fix a issue I
2 have. Some of my programs, k3b for one, plays a sound and it will about
3 wake up the dead. Some others, like KDE sound effects when I change
4 desktops, can't even be heard unless the speakers are turned up a good
5 bit. Then some, like smplayer, affect the volume of other applications
6 such as the PCM control which also changes a lot of other apps.
7
8 Does it sound like this will do what I need? Control each app
9 separately? While I am at it:
10
11 01:00.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation Device 0be2 (rev a1)
12 Subsystem: nVidia Corporation Device 069a
13 Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
14
15 0:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
16 Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Device a002
17 Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
18
19 One of those is my sound card. I never noticed I had two entries
20 there. Hmmmm. Weird. Anybody get this to work well with this
21 hardware? Easy to set up? So difficult it was like pulling teeth? The
22 sound does work here, just need some fine tuning.
23
24 Thanks for the info.
25
26 Dale