From: Marc Blumentritt <marc.blumentritt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kernel compilation
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 20:51:27
1 Hi all,
2
3 Thanks for all these comments. I was thinking about a monolithic kernel,
4 because I'm placing my whole root fs into initramfs of the kernel image
5 and did not want to hassle with /lib/modules during kernel building.
6 Then I realized, that I still need this, because I need lirc. And now I
7 realized, that I don't need a monolithic kernel anymore, because I found
8 a solution to import /lib/modules into the initramfs by building the
9 kernel image again. So I will do a kernel as Dan suggested with
10 important stuff build in and other stuff loaded as module. But since I
11 stripped down my kernel, there are only a few things I will build as
12 modules.
13
14 Thanks
15 Marc