From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A question regarding non-Portage software...
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 08:55:09
1 On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 06:10:22 +0100, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2
3 > > I am hoping that someone can provide me with resources - examples
4 > > and/or a walkthrough would be especially helpful. I realize that the
5 > > Gentoo team can only do so much and carefully test each package
6 > > before putting it in the official tree. There are just some pieces
7 > > of software that I want that are not even in the testing tree.
8 >
9 > The devmanual is a good place to start. If you use IRC then
10 > #gentoo-dev-help at freenode is a good place to get more help...
11
12 Also, search Bugzilla and the forums, someone may have already created
13 ebuilds for these programs.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Amoebit: Amoeba/rabbit cross; it can multiply and divide at the same time.