From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ath0 turbo mode (108Mbps)
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 17:47:50
1 > Out f curiosity, Grant, what brand wifi hardware are you using. I'll be doing
2 > a wifi install early next year and I'm always interested in hearing about
3 > personal experiences rather than "hear say"...
4 >
5 > Thank you, Jerry.
6
7 It's all Netgear stuff and it works well. 1x WG511T (PCMCIA) and 2x
8 WG311T (PCI). The driver is proprietary, but there is an open-source
9 version in the works. Lots of info here:
10
11 http://madwifi.org
12
13 Right now I'm trying to figure out how to:
14
15 1. enable turbo mode (108Mbps)
16 2. get it to operate on 5Ghz instead of 2.4Ghz (I guess this has
17 something to do with 802.11a?)
18 3. connect via WPA with wireless-tools instead of wpa_supplicant
19
20 - Grant
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list