From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ath0 turbo mode (108Mbps)
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 17:21:27
1 On Sunday 08 October 2006 20:14, Grant wrote:
2 > > > Has anyone gotten turbo mode to work with their madwifi/ath0 cards?
3 > > > It is supported according to this (search for "turbo"):
4 > > >
5 > > > http://madwifi.org/wiki/FAQ/HowDoI
6 > > >
7 > > > I'm using the latest madwifi-ng on my router and client, and the
8 > > > client uses wpa_supplicant to connect. I've set these:
9 > > >
10 > > > iwpriv ath0 mode 3
11 > > > iwpriv ath0 turbo 1
12 > > >
13 > > > on both systems, and both return "1" from:
14 > > >
15 > > > iwpriv ath0 get_turbo
16 > > >
17 > > > The problem is, I only see a maximum of 54Mbps from:
18 > > >
19 > > > iwlist ath0 rate
20 > > >
21 > > > Does anyone have any suggestions?
22 > > >
23 > > > Also, how can I set up the above commands to be executed
24 > > > automatically? I can't seem to make it happen in /etc/conf.d/net.
25 > > >
26 > > > - Grant
27 > >
28 > > Hi Grant,
29 > >
30 > > You won't like this and probably I'll get hammered, but... I stopped
31 > > using a lot of the gentoo startup scripts months ago, including the
32 > > network stuff...
33 > >
34 > > I simply add them to /etc/conf.d/locale.start. Much faster startup and
35 > > much more reliable in terms of setup anyways....
36 >
37 > I do hate to hear that.
38 >
39 > I can have the iwpriv settings executed with:
40 >
41 > iwpriv_ath0=( "mode 3" "turbo 1" )
42 >
43 > and I was told on the madwifi IRC channel that the 108Mbps rate won't
44 > actually show up with "iwlist ath0 rate" because turbo just does
45 > rate*2 down the line. I'm still wondering if turbo mode should work
46 > with wpa_supplicant and if there is any way to determine if turbo mode
47 > is actually functional on my system though.
48 >
49 > - Grant
53 Out f curiosity, Grant, what brand wifi hardware are you using. I'll be doing
54 a wifi install early next year and I'm always interested in hearing about
55 personal experiences rather than "hear say"...
56
57 Thank you, Jerry.
58 --
59 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list