From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ath0 turbo mode (108Mbps)
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 00:22:03
1 > > Has anyone gotten turbo mode to work with their madwifi/ath0 cards?
2 > > It is supported according to this (search for "turbo"):
3 > >
4 > > http://madwifi.org/wiki/FAQ/HowDoI
5 > >
6 > > I'm using the latest madwifi-ng on my router and client, and the
7 > > client uses wpa_supplicant to connect. I've set these:
8 > >
9 > > iwpriv ath0 mode 3
10 > > iwpriv ath0 turbo 1
11 > >
12 > > on both systems, and both return "1" from:
13 > >
14 > > iwpriv ath0 get_turbo
15 > >
16 > > The problem is, I only see a maximum of 54Mbps from:
17 > >
18 > > iwlist ath0 rate
19 > >
20 > > Does anyone have any suggestions?
21 > >
22 > > Also, how can I set up the above commands to be executed
23 > > automatically? I can't seem to make it happen in /etc/conf.d/net.
24 > >
25 > > - Grant
26 >
27 > Hi Grant,
28 >
29 > You won't like this and probably I'll get hammered, but... I stopped using a
30 > lot of the gentoo startup scripts months ago, including the network stuff...
31 >
32 > I simply add them to /etc/conf.d/locale.start. Much faster startup and much
33 > more reliable in terms of setup anyways....
34
35 I do hate to hear that.
36
37 I can have the iwpriv settings executed with:
38
39 iwpriv_ath0=( "mode 3" "turbo 1" )
40
41 and I was told on the madwifi IRC channel that the 108Mbps rate won't
42 actually show up with "iwlist ath0 rate" because turbo just does
43 rate*2 down the line. I'm still wondering if turbo mode should work
44 with wpa_supplicant and if there is any way to determine if turbo mode
45 is actually functional on my system though.
46
47 - Grant
48 --
49 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list