From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ath0 turbo mode (108Mbps)
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 23:45:24
1 On Sunday 08 October 2006 14:26, Grant wrote:
2 > Has anyone gotten turbo mode to work with their madwifi/ath0 cards?
3 > It is supported according to this (search for "turbo"):
4 >
5 > http://madwifi.org/wiki/FAQ/HowDoI
6 >
7 > I'm using the latest madwifi-ng on my router and client, and the
8 > client uses wpa_supplicant to connect. I've set these:
9 >
10 > iwpriv ath0 mode 3
11 > iwpriv ath0 turbo 1
12 >
13 > on both systems, and both return "1" from:
14 >
15 > iwpriv ath0 get_turbo
16 >
17 > The problem is, I only see a maximum of 54Mbps from:
18 >
19 > iwlist ath0 rate
20 >
21 > Does anyone have any suggestions?
22 >
23 > Also, how can I set up the above commands to be executed
24 > automatically? I can't seem to make it happen in /etc/conf.d/net.
25 >
26 > - Grant
27
28 Hi Grant,
29
30 You won't like this and probably I'll get hammered, but... I stopped using a
31 lot of the gentoo startup scripts months ago, including the network stuff...
32
33 I simply add them to /etc/conf.d/locale.start. Much faster startup and much
34 more reliable in terms of setup anyways....
35
36 Cheers...
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list